Friday, December 19, 2008

Southern Creators: Randy And Claudia - The Art of Leather Inlay/Overlay

"I have not seen better inlay and overlay work anywhere. This sets a standard for anyone interested in this kind of work. I personally am in awe." DW Frommer II--Member HCC







I really can't begin to explain how amazing these people are. I found them by chance, and they forever changed my life. I consider them more than friends, I consider them family.
Randy and Claudia take leather and turn it into Art, they take a craft tens of thousands years old, and and bend it to match who they are. To give you a clue as to what that might be they named their daughter Sagan after the late writer/astronomer Carl Sagan. She was born on the Dec.31st, and if ever there was.....with her a star was born. They take the tradition of their craft and add in their own flare; saddle bags are made as much made for rockets as they are motorcycles, their Wild West garments are as much inspired by Phaser fights with Kirk, and Spock at the O.K. Coral as they are Billy the Kid.
To top that, their work is impeccable(like their word and character) to see their Portraits, Wallets, and Ish Shoes you will be hard pressed to find one stitch that isn't perfect. Under the proper atmospheric conditions you could stare at one piece, the portrait of Sitting Bull and count the hundreds of pieces of leather that went into it and the thousands upon thousands of perfect stitches. Check out their stuff, and believe me when I say this is only the beginning. If you buy something from them, you might just have your life changed in the process.
Merry Christmas - Pop, Sagan, Claudia & Randy





http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5478951&page=1&section_id=&order=
www.randyandclaudia.com

No comments: